CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still Good.

Okay, so on Tuesday I subbed in the special needs preschool class. It was pretty easy because it was only about 1-3 kids per teacher and there were three teachers in the class. Really, all I did was just help out. It was a whole lot of fun and very thought provoking. During a break I was telling another one of the girls that was there about how someday I wanted twins. There was a 4 year old boy in the class who was about 95% immobile because of a stroke at birth. He basically has the functions and mental capacity of a 4 month old. He is a twin and his brother is a normal 4 year old. We started talking about all of the sad things that can happen. I got to thinking: It isn't scary enough to prevent me from truly looking forward to babis. Even if there are complications with the development of a baby, he is still yours and you are going to love him more than anything in the world.

So any way, Tuesday was a good day. Today I was in the fourth grade (this is when they are old enough to realize that you can treat a sub poorly and probably get away with it). It was challenging but super fun. Social studies was a blast...again. I cannot figure out for the life of me why I am feeling myself drawn to the social studies. I guess because it is much like history. I don't know. I decided that subbing elementary school is probably more fun because you actually get to teach and do stuff.

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Bless our good teachers. I'm glad you are interested, and I believe that elementary school provides more opportunities for actual teaching the higher grades. I'm glad you are having this opportunity. Thank you again for all your help tonight with the mattress in the rain.

Laura Stringham said...

This is like, the best job for you, I'm so pleased.
Having kids will always be kind of a gamble in some ways, don't you think? I mean, even if you have perfectly healthy children, they'll figure out a way to test you to your limits. It's just the way life is. I'm glad that you are having a chance to work with them in this way, you're a natural.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I used to think I wanted twins. But with the added risks, and work, I was always relieved to find another singleton at the first ultrasound. I subbed for 6 months and enjoyed some days, but I don't think ever loved it as much as you. Hope you continue to have fun.

Leslie said...

Glad you're still enjoying the substitute teaching.

I don't know if John passed on the info, but Cam and I are starting to look for a nanny for Ben and #2 for when I go back to work. If you think you'd be interested, give me a call or email me (leslieb28(at)gmail.com)