CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

When I grow up, I want to be a teacher.

After feverishly looking for a job for about two months, I was certain I had covered all of my bases when out of nowhere last week I thought "I should just substitute teach." Today was my first day. I substituted in a third grade class in which we went to a Ballet West performance (nothing like a little art to soothe the soul), and I taught an amazing social studies lesson that I came up with all on my own as I was teaching it- It may not be a "real job" but I do get paid AND I had such an amazingly wonderful day subbing that third grade class that I could not be more excited to go to work tomorrow. It might be sad to say, but I felt better today teaching those little kids than I have in a while. Best part is, if I ever have a crummy class I don't have to go back the next day! which is especially nice because tomorrow is pre preschool. Yes. They aren't even all potty trained. I still cant wait.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to do that too!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Congratulations, Danielle!!I'm so glad you had a great first day, and I am sure you will do a wonderful job. I am so happy for you!

Laura Stringham said...

you couldn't pay me enough. i have a new level of respect for you.

Noelle said...

I have thought about doing that!!! I want all the details!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Waiting for the second day report, Danielle. I hope it was also a good experience. Don't worry about the Summit blind--it was an interesting experience to get it together and I'm glad to have had the opportunity. Lynda