CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Moving Day.

John and I are in the process of moving. We are currently sleeping on our mattress in the living room(which is highly reminiscent of when we were living at my parents house) and living on just the basics. I just read my post from when we moved into the apartment that we are currently in, it was nice to move here and all, but we are even more excited to move this time around.

The place we are moving to is a basement apartment in the neighborhood I grew up in. I am so excited to be in the same ward I was from ages 1-18. We are also pretty close to the Sugarhouse area where John spent the majority of his teenage years. The apartment is about twice as big as where we are now and we get to have our own backyard! I have already started my tomatoes, strawberries and zucchini plants to be ready to transfer them when we move!

We have been able to do a bunch of work on our soon-to-be home. The landlord let us paint the rooms whatever colors we wanted and pick out light fixtures and stuff like that, so it starts to feel more like ours with every project that gets done. Our current project consists of a whole bucket of joint compound, a cement like substance, primer and paint. We still have a bunch to do - does any one like painting cabinet doors? - but the work is worth it. If we love it enough we are hoping that we can stay at this new place throughout John's adventure through law school.

I don't have any pictures because, quite frankly, it is a disaster right now. After some heavy duty cleaning and decorating, maybe I will feel more compelled to share.

~Daniel update: John and I got to visit with Daniel yesterday. It was great fun, he is back to his old self and we got to share stories of our criminal adventures(Daniel and I were good friends in high school) with Christine and John. He is doing really well and recovering amazingly.

1 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Danielle, no wonder I didn't get ahold of you today! I was at Laura's and Daybreak. I'm excited to see your new place. It's nice you can move in stages instead of all in a day. Glad to hear the good news about Daniel. Hopefully, I'll get back to SLC before I have to leave, and maybe we can touch base.