CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rambling (Wo)man

I don't have any pictures to post, however, there is a whole lot to update.

John is finishing up his first year of law school at the U; in fact he is working on the outline for his first final (this Wednesday) as we speak. It has truly been an adventure for both of us and we have learned a whole lot about ourselves as a couple. It never ceases to amaze me how much work he puts into what he does, or how hard he is on himself. I am SO glad that the first year is over and I am sure he is too. Only two more to go!

I am also finishing up with this semester. I have spent the last year of school in the paralegal program at Salt Lake Community College and have recently decided to go back to my original plan of getting my bachelors in history teaching at the U. I feel like I have wasted a whole year of my education, not to mention the money that we spent on tuition. Even though it is pretty discouraging to think about that year, the thought of getting my degree makes it worth it. I am looking forward to taking the summer off to re-boot.

Not only are we finishing up with school, we are getting ready to move...again. For those of you who are counting (not that anyone but me is counting) this will be our eighth move in the three years that we have been married. Overwhelming? Yes, but we are both looking forward to moving from apartment living to a house to ourselves and a backyard for Sally. We are both crossing our fingers that this will be the last move until John is done with school.

I am looking forward to the next few months. John has a summer job and I will be teaching swimming lessons in the hot summer sun(Christine and Steph: no more jokes about how pale my skin is). I am also training for a half marathon in July, which is exciting.

So that about sums up what is going on in our lives right now.

Until next time,

Danielle

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Local gas stations and convenience stores appear to be newport cigarettes experiencing an uptick in sales over the last couple of weeks as the Oneida Indian Nation’s supply of mainstream brand cigarettes dwindles.But earlier this year Kinley Tshering, then a media consultant in the capital, Thimphu, discussed with friends over drinks the jailing of a Buddhist monk for three years for possessing $3 worth of tobacco, one of the first to be prosecuted under a new law banning public smoking cheap newport cigarettes.