CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Black Eyes, Blue Paint, and Dead Batteries

This week has been an interesting one so far. At the end of last weekend, we helped (a little) with painting the kitchen in Summit. We were all SICK of the boring yellow paint and are thrilled with the blue coat that was applied. There is no denying that it adds a warmth and personality to the kitchen.

It took a little team effort to get the kitchen cleaned up so that we could take pictures, and then when I got the camera, the batteries were dead...and there were no working batteries to be found. Batteries are kind of expensive in general, and so people in our situation don't stand a chance to get our hands on some batteries...I wonder how worth it rechargeable batteries are?



Imagine a picture of a blue kitchen here



What I am getting at, is that I had the blog all ready to post and add all the pictures, but I cant because of the dead battery situation. I have decided to post anyway and add the pictures at a more opportune time.

Continuing on. On Tuesday my clumsiness got the better of me and I took quite a tumble. My hands got all tangled up in whatever it was that I was doing and I ended up face planting onto the bathroom floor. Now I have a black eye, my first black eye since walking into the corner of a wall with a Disney View Finder held up to my eyes. Which, I am sure that you deduced, left me with two black eyes. I was 5, you cant criticize me too harshly for it.



Picture of Danielle with a black eye



School is starting to pick up a little bit, I have my first test tomorrow in my math class. Yikes! And I always have tons of reading to do, but I think that I am beginning to enjoy it a little more.

We hope that everyone is doing well, we miss you all and look forward to our next trip up to Salt Lake on the 25th.

2 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

Oh! I'm glad to hear that you are coming, Sorry to hear about your black eye and just plain annoyed to hear about the batteries. Grrrr. Isn't yours rechargeable?

Cameron said...

No batteries is a problem. I'm anxious to see how the kitchen turned out, so post pics when you can. (I'm also curious about the black eye).