CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Okay, okay.

Okay Laura, I guess I wont try to get away with posting only pictures. Plus, I got the link for my hats wrong.

I was feeling like I wanted to post, but have been working on some pretty time consuming projects that I am trying to get on my etsy site(dont worry-I am still looking for a job), I gave it a shot though.

Okay, so on Friday my sister and her fiance finally tied the knot atop a very windy mountain with a gorgeous view...it was funny because in the pictures that I posted you can see that her veil is blowing and right after I took the pictures the wind carried it right out of her hair.
Leslie, unfortunately I cant claim artistic ownership for the wretched dog sweater. But then again, maybe that is a good thing. John continued to hold the dog like a baby for twenty minutes after that. I mean it. Look:



The wedding party was fun and we are all glad that they are finally married.

On Sunday while listening to Conference in the car on the way to my parents the car over heated. John's phone was dead so I called my mom to come and get me. We managed to get the car to her house to cool down while we finished the first session and ate crepes. I then attempted to drive the car back home thinking that John was probably worried that I had been gone for so long. On the way home the car over heated again...luckily I was off of the freeway (on Redwood and 21st) and made it into a parking lot. I lifted the hood and smoke started billowing out. A nice gentleman named Otis happened to walk by at this very moment and stopped to see if there was anything that he could do to help. I told him that I wasn't too far from home and that I would be alright. He stayed to help anyway. It was even Otis that noticed that there was fluid completely pouring out of one of the hoses-he told me that I would be able to fix it and how to go about doing so.
I don't think that I will ever see him again, but I wish I could thank that wonderful man. And if I do ever see him again, I will thank him.
So I got home and pulled the busted hose out and fixed the car. I am proud to report that since Sunday everything is great with the car. I would also like to thank Dave for walking John through what to do with the radiator fluid. THANKS DAVE!! It is very satisfying when you learn something new that you thought was so beyond your power to learn. Although it was a hectic situation, I am so glad that it happened. And don't tell anyone, but I think that I secretly want to be a mechanic.

And last, on Monday I made and sold two hats to a woman in Canada. I was very happy to see at least some of the stuff that is cluttering our apartment go. I am now working on an absolutely adorable little pink baby cardigan dress thing-y and the sweetest little baby afghan. Hopefully at least one of them will be done by the end of the week and in my etsy shop. Then, hopefully someone will see it and have to have it.

All in all, everything is good.

The end.

5 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

What is your link for the stuff you are selling? Glad you enjoy working on cars, can't say I share that desire. Changing my car's oil back in college was enough for me.

Leslie said...

I say, chase the dream: be a mechanic.

Johnny said...

I dont know why I couldnt get the link to work, but the website is: www.handmadebydanielle.etsy.com.

Lynda/Mom said...

That pathetic dog is proof that John is about the most tender-hearted lad in the land. Nice to get the narrative. When are you getting your tonsils removed? Keep me posted.

Barbara said...

I agree with Leslie--mechanics make a lot of money!! Why not? Thanks for the newsy post and for the pictures.