CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday Aly!

My youngest sister, Aly turned 13 years old on the 6th of December. (This was also the day that John took the L.S.A.T.) We celebrated as a family on Sunday night with an amazing dinner cooked by my mom, and an absolutely delicious cake.


I started making Aly a really cute felt bag for her birthday along with some one of a kind slippies. Unfortunately I havent finished either of those things yet, so I need to get on that.



My little brother and sisters are growing up so fast. Aly is in 7th grade at Hillside and Ben is going to be 15 in April and goes to Highland. Ben kicks butt on the swim team and is quite popular amongst the ladies.



.....................................................................................................................


On a completely different note, I have tried my hand at knitting. I quite like it, but all I know how to do are the rows. I cant make a hat yet, which is what I really want to do. Laura and Leslie: do you remember those cute little pants that were green and had a monster face knitted into the bum? I am pretty sure if I had a pattern, stuff like that would be so easy to make because you are just building off of the rows. I have been experimenting with patterns lately and this is what I have come up with.



I am trying to make this into a scarf for myself. I go outside in the freezing cold to take the dog out and I always wonder why I make dozens of hats, but never end up making one for myself. I decided that a scarf would be nice too. So this one is all mine!

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Happy birthday to Aly! I didn't know John celebrated her birthday by taking the LSAT. Welcome to the world of knitting. I have tons of patterns. I think they are mostly in Summit. If you want me to look on my way to SLC this week, I can check. Or if you are coming to Summit, you can look then. If you care. You are so creative you probably prefer to function without patterns.

Laura Stringham said...

Oh, I remember the monster pants. They were darling! I would SO pay for monster pants.

crissy // mama boss said...

Knitting is fun. I've been knitting since, like, junior year, and I must say, by the looks of your pattern you tried out, you're already better than me!