CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

A little update on the surgery

Everything went pretty well. I don't really remember much from afterward except that I kept asking for John. Wednesday I was doing great, I was drinking plenty of fluids and I was able to manage the pain without too much trouble. Yesterday was a tiny bit worse, but I figured that the day after the surgery would be the hardest. I wish I would have been right. Today (3rd day after) I have had a pretty serious earache, and been terribly hungry, but its just so hard to eat. Not a good combination when you are taking pain meds, you can probably guess what happened with that. After spending some time on the bathroom floor I decided to force myself to eat. John went out and got me some fishy crackers and I was able to eat a bunch and take some more pain killers without getting sick again. I love my hubby! He has been taking care of me so well, making sure I stay in bed and that I keep eating and drinking. .
I have already lost about five pounds, which is disgusting. My body is withering away, but hopefully I can gain back the weight when I feel better. I try my best to eat as much as I can but I swear it gets harder by the day. I have even had problems talking today, but nothing too bad.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support! We love you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry!! I hope u feel better! if u need anything let me know!

Lynda/Mom said...

Sorry you're having such a rough time, Danielle. Can you drink something like Instant Breakfast? Let me know if I can help. I'm glad John is taking good care of you.

Austin's Mommy said...

Hi, I'm John's cousin - Julianne. The 3rd day is always the worst. So hopefully you are feeling better today. I hear removing tonsils is a terribly painful surgery. Best wishes.

Barbara said...

Have you tried the classic ice cream? That would give you come calories and should go down pretty easily--unless of course you don't like it :)