CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting the Boot...

Finally. As of August 30th, I will no longer have a job with Corner Canyon Marketing. Q:Are any of us really surprised? A: NO. Last Thursday I was pulled into my supervisors office and told that my co-workers and I need to be aware that we are "down sizing"-whatever that means. Q: Could it mean that my current employer has finally been called on all of his crap?
A: Quite possibly.
I am sitting here in my little cubicle while the guy across from me listens to Mr. Jones by Counting Crows and when I really think about it, I actually feel sad that I wont have this job anymore. For the most part, I enjoy the people that I work with and I hope that I will still know them when we dont have work in common anymore.
I guess I'd better see the dentist before we dont have insuance anymore! I can't figure out for the life of me why I always have to go to the dentist, it is pretty annoying.
I have been looking for jobs on craigslist and other places. I have had a few interviews. So far nothing. I know that I will be able to find something else, I just hope that it is sooner than later.
I need to send a shout out to Laura:
I love reading your blog. I love that you post so often. I love how clever you are. I love that no matter where I am when I am reading it, I always laugh out loud. You are raising such beautiful little girls who are just as clever and funny as you are. Jane is an absolute hoot, and Lizzy couldn't possibly be more adorable.
I love you guys!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Sorry you're on the job hunt. Hopefully you find something good fast.

Leslie said...

P.S. your new blog background is cute!

Lynda/Mom said...

Yeah!! You posted again. Like all, sorry about your job, especially since you liked it. You will find something soon. Best wishes and prayers are coming your way. Love you guys. See you in a couple of days. Do you want the old canister vacuum? It is an Electrolux, and it does work.

Laura Stringham said...

I like the background too. I'm also glad that I'm amusing someone other than myself with all my blog postings. Jane's birthday is on Friday and we're hoping to see you guys for dinner. We'll keep you in our prayers that you'll be able to find another job.